Mormon Dilemmas 1
THE 8th ARTICLE OF FAITH: THE “BAIT AND SWITCH” OF THE MORMON CHURCH
Did you know that Mormon missionaries are instructed to give you a bible when they visit your home? The Mormon Church has 13 key beliefs that it describes as their Articles of Faith. One of those is the 8th Article of Faith that reads: “We believe the Bible to be the word of God insofar as it is translated correctly; we also believe the Book of Mormon to be the word of God.”
You may have noticed the certain degree of finality about the Church’s stand regarding the Book of Mormon as compared to the wishy-washy statement about the bible. This belief comes from the Teachings of Joseph Smith, pp. 348, where Joseph Smith says that an “old Jew” changed the bible and therefore, it cannot be trusted. If that is true, we have a few questions for our Mormon friends:
1. Who was the old Jew who did this?
2. What parts of the bible are translated correctly and which are flawed?
3. Why does the Mormon Church give potential converts a corrupt bible when it can give the most correct book ever?
One can only draw two conclusions from this behavior by the Mormon Church:
1) Either it is trying to appear mainstream “Christian” and using bait and switch tactics to do so or
2) It is incredibly irrresponsible because it could only serve to mislead and confuse future converts before they ever get started in their walk with God.
No comments yet.