Gospel Kingdom, pgs. 103; “…And then the devil put on a long face and said, I imagined I had got rid of these fellows; but they are going to have a chance yet that I did not think of. And after the flood we are told that the curse that had been pronounced upon Cain was continued through Ham’s wife, as he had married a wife of that seed. And why did it pass through the flood? Because it was necessary that the devil should have a representation upon the earth as well as God.” – John Taylor
Genesis 6:10; “And Noah begat three sons, Shem, Ham, and Japheth.”
1. Ham’s name means “burnt”.
2. Cain lived circa 3979 BC. Ham lived circa 2440 BC.
3. The Mormons teach that being black is a sin and therefore evil.
4. The Bible clearly states the curse was upon Canaan because of Ham’s behavior, not because of his color (Gen. 9:18-29).
5. The Bible never gives the name of Ham’s wife or her race.
Gospel Kingdom is a collection of thoughts and writings of John Taylor, 3rd prophet of the LDS Church.