The Leader in Mormon Ministry & Information
LAM MINISTRY LINE: 877-362-2751 / ADDRESS: P.O. Box 203, Woodinville, WA 98072
DOES THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST ACTUALLY REJECT THEIR NAMESAKE?
John 3:36 reads, “Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son, will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on him.” What constitutes a rejection of Jesus? We examine this in light of Mormon behavior. Read Rejecting Jesus
Life After Ministry Blog To read topical articles or to join the conversations, visit the Life After Ministry Blog here.
Book of Mormon Changes to “Cursed” Lamanites The Mormon Church has bragged the Book of Mormon is “the most correct book on the face of the earth”. Those words were uttered for the first time by none other than Joseph Smith himself on Sunday, October 28, 1841.
“I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.”
However, when we look beneath the veneer, we see truth. The Book of Mormon has had 3,913 grammatical changes made to it since its inception. As of this week you can add two more to that total.
This time the Book of Mormon is trying to fall in line with what is socially and politically acceptable regarding the race issue. They did this with the Book of Mormon back in 1981 with 2 Nephi 30:6. Read the entire article here.
Do Mormons believe in a different God than Christians?
If they do, why would they say they are Christians?
When referring to a Methodist priest, JD 5:332; “the god they worshipped was the “Mormons'” devil” Isaiah 45:22; “Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.”
580 Reasons to leave the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints
Hideous. That was the one word a pastor used to describe Mormonism to me the day I sat with him to give pointers on how he could counsel a brand new Christian who happened to also be a third generation Mormon.
It’s easy enough for those of us who work in Mormon ministries to become immune to the day to day blasphemous teachings of the LDS Church. So when someone comes along that is unfamiliar with the nuances and outrageous theology, it always gives us a fresh take on the scenario.
There are many other books written by reputable pastors and ministry workers that are better written with their vast experience of working in ministry to Mormons and I would refer you to them to receive better insight of how and why the Mormon teachings are unbiblical. My top endorsement would go to Ed Decker with Saints Alive who has written an encyclopedic work of major tenets within Mormonism called Decker’s Complete Handbook on Mormonism.
I did not compile this work to outshine or out-do anyone else’s massive amount of research and time. This list came about by providing PSA’s (Public Service Announcements) for a Calvary Chapel radio station in Nebraska! I would record about 45-50 announcements every other week and in order to keep track of them I had to begin alphabetizing them and keeping a journal of what I had already recorded at the radio station. This is a short list of those PSA’s.
The pastor in charge of the radio ministry at Calvary Chapel in Nebraska had asked me to give a 30-90 second side by side comparison of Mormonism vs. Christianity. I’ve listed the LDS reference and the biblical refutation under each.
Our hope is that these will aid those of you who are looking for ways to witness to Mormons and you’ll be blessed by them! We know and understand there are many choices to make regarding which biblical verse or passage you could use to refute, the choices we’ve made are what the Lord has shown to us at this time. We will continue to update the list until we get all 580 reasons. The first 40 are at the following link or look in the menu at the left. The List.
In the 1830’s Americans were in the infancy stages of the public education system; the majority of Americans were part of the agricultural economy; four times as many immigrants came into the country in that decade than the previous one; Louisa May Alcott, Emily Dickinson and Mark Twain were all born in the early to mid 1830’s, the Alamo took place and TX became a state (1836); and the song Jesus Loves Me was written in 1837 by Anna Warner.
All of these events left an indelible mark upon America’s and the world’s history. In addition to these significant events taking place another person who added to the course of historical events would write a religious book some referred to as the “Golden Bible”. Read the whole article here.
LAM BOOKSTORE NOW OPEN
RADIO PLANS ANNOUNCED
Could you please prayfully consider supporting our drive to take this ministry to the airwaves through a monthly giving program? Our goal is to bring as many Mormons to the REAL Christ as possible, but we need your help of monthly prayer and financial support.
Thank you for your generosity.
|MORMON MAILBAG – VISITORS SOUND OFF|
You can imagine some of the emails we get around here. Every day we receive dozens of emails from visitors like you. Check out what others are saying about Life After Ministries, and more importantly, what we said back. New emails recently added!
LIFE AFTER MINISTRIES
By US mail contact us at:
|Ways you can help…|
Life After Ministries connects with local ministries like the Nauvoo Christian Center to reach the lost with the Gospel of Christ. Read about one of our recent trips to the pageant in Nauvoo, Il: NAUVOO
• Changing the hearts of the Mormons is a daily process of changing one heart at a time. We can’t do it without you. Please help today.
Sign Up for Our Email Newsletter
Get on our mail list today and we’ll send you our monthly newsletter on Mormon issues, how to witness to a Mormon and more. Keep it handy for the next visit with your Mormon misssionary friends. Enter email in box on home page, top left.
• Life After Ministries is always in need of volunteers. If God has put Mormons and others deceived by the enemy on your heart, contact us today.
Open your own missions field
• LAM is looking for a few dedicated Christians in every major metropolitan area to help us stop missionaries from being successful. Find out how your passion can stop theirs.
|Will the real Joseph Smith Please Stand
• Who is the real Joseph Smith? Are you seriously willing to put your eternal life in the hands of this man? We’ll set the record straight on this so called “prophet of God” before it’s too late — for you.
Baptism for the dead
• The bible only briefly mentions this pagan ritual. Why do you practice this ritual when the Bible condemns it?
Jews to Mormons: Stop baptizing our dead
• Jews are angry that Moromons continue posthumous baptisms of Jewish holocaust survivors. The Mormon Church said it would stop. But it lied instead and continues the practice in a show of arrogance over love.
DNA and the Book of Mormon
• DNA has caught more than OJ in a lie. Now it has s caught Joseph Smith, the Book of Mormon and the whole LDS Church. How LDS officials scramble to explain how DNA exposes the BOM as a fraud!
Demonic names in the Book of Mormon
• A close comparison to the Bible is all that is needed to show how the Mormons are wrong on most things. This is not exception.
Word Studies for Mormons
• Interested in learning a few key differences between Mormon and Christian terminology? You’ll be suprised to learn that some things are not always what they seem.
One minded in faith? Could’ve fooled us
• If it’s true that Mormons are one minded about their faith then why do we see more than one Mormon faction calling itself the “true Church” and why groups like this one?
Suicide #1 cause of death in Utah
• According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC) the leading cause of death in America is heart disease, with suicide ranking eleventh. Compare that with what the Utah Department of Health says. They report the leading cause of death for males between the ages of 15-44 as suicide.
• For which all this would not be needed were it not for all the false doctrines the Mormons espouse. We challenge you to visit their site and bring back to us anything they say about God, His nature or Jesus, and we will refute the merits of their doctrine on the basis of biblical scripture. Please, bring us anything proving the legitimacy of the Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith of the teachings of the Mormon Church.
|Other Vital LAM Resources…|
|Sign up for the LAM Newsletter
• Want to know where we’re speaking, or just need information? Sign up for the free LAM Newsletter today. Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org to get on the mailing list.
Other Mormon Links
• More links to sites challenging Mormonism
Google News – Mormon Issues
• Sign up to recieve free email updates from Google News every time news breaks on Mormons or LDS Church.
|LDS Research Materials…|
FROM THE CHURCH OF JOSEPH SMITH: Mormons Flaunt their worship for Joseph
The Mormon Church launched a new website www.josephsmith.net that obscenely worships the efforts of Joseph Smith. We realize a new website about Joseph is hardly worship by itself but upon further review, any discerning individual will see there’s more than meets the eye. The Mormon Church denies that they worship Joseph when in fact anyone can see they have a full website dedicated to him that lauds his praise over and over again. On July 21st we noticed that there was not even one picture of Jesus on their main homepage. This coming from the Church of Jesus Christ? How odd. This went on for over a week with no picture or mention of Jesus on their homepage which got us to thinking once again: who are they worshipping? When it comes to Joseph, there are plenty of lovely thoughts and adorations for him in addition to the prophets of today and of yesteryear. Didn’t we try to tell you it is all about Joseph? Read our review about the false prophet Joseph Smith. By the way, we’re still waiting for website dedicated to their “Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ”…but we won’t hold our breath.
|They Said it….|
From Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pg. 341 it says;
“President Joseph Smith again arose and said—In relation to the power over the minds of mankind which I hold, I would say, It is in consequence of the power of truth in the doctrines which I have been an instrument in the hands of God of presenting unto them, and not because of any compulsion on my part. I wish to ask if ever I got any of it unfairly? if I have not reproved you in the gate? I ask, Did I ever exercise any compulsion over any man? Did I not give him the liberty of disbelieving any doctrine I have preached, if he saw fit? Why do not my enemies strike a blow at the doctrine? They cannot do it: it is truth, and I defy all men to upset it. I am the voice of one crying in the wilderness, “Repent ye of your sins and prepare the way for the coming of the Son of Man; for the kingdom of God has come unto you, and henceforth the ax is laid unto the root of the tree; and every tree that bringeth not forth good fruit, God Almighty shall hew it down and cast it into the fire.” (March 24, 1844.)”
Bruce R. McConkie, Speech given at BYU, March 2, 1982;
We worship the Father and him only and no one else.
“We do not worship the Son, and we do not worship the Holy Ghost. I know perfectly well what the scriptures say about worshipping Christ and Jehovah, but they are speaking in an entirely different sense–the sense of standing in awe and being reverentially grateful to him who has redeemed us. Worship in the true and saving sense is reserved for God the first, the Creator.”