E-mail – false teachings
I love your lies. I guess when you hear from someone who heard from another that’s the lies you come up with. Keep up the pathetic work. Just one question, why do people like yourselves waste so much of your time and energy trying to tear a people down? Are you not happy in life? Maybe you need to find Christ in your life. I am a member of the LDS church and I don’t know any members that don’t believe in Christ. Where do you get your info? And the lies about the temple, lol WOW!!!
That is one of the e-mails we received today here at the ministry. The reason I post some of these is so our readers will know how to pray for the Mormon people. Over all, this is a pretty typical note on part of the Mormon. Here is my response:
Dear LDS member;
1. You didn’t specify what I’m lying about. If you can show that I’ve lied anywhere on any of the websites I have, I will immediately pull the wrong material and publicly apologize.
2. Where on this website do I tear anyone down? We fully examine and identify false teachings, but people, no. We love the Mormon people dearly and wouldn’t dream of maligning anyone, let alone a member of the LDS Church.
3. You obviously didn’t read the testimonies of those who’ve left the Church and found Jesus who changed their lives forever. Also see more testimonies on our other site at http://www.lifeafter.org/testimonies.asp; http://lifeafterministry.wordpress.com/testimonies; http://lifeafterministry.wordpress.com/about
4. I’ve never claimed the Mormon people don’t believe in Christ. I am a firm believer they think they love Jesus, but it’s the wrong Jesus.
Clearly, the Jesus of Mormonism is not the Jesus of the Bible. The Mormon Jesus is a created man who lived as a polygamist and had children. The Jesus of the Bible is not created, in fact He is God incarnate and was not married. John 1:1, 14.
The Jesus of the Bible died on the cross to pay for your sin and mine. He did not make an atonement for sin in the Garden of Gethsemane as Mormonism proclaims.
The God of the Bible is not an exalted man as it says throughout Mormon teachings, nor is he a separate human aside from Jesus as it states in Doctrine and Covenants 130:22.
The body of Christ did not go into a complete apostasy as Joseph Smith claimed. Matthew 16:18 clearly states the gates of hell won’t prevail against the church. This is a promise to the body of Christ directly from Jesus Himself. 1 Nephi 14:10 is a false teaching that the church is the “whore of Babylon”.
5. I have always made it very clear that I get all of my information directly from the LDS Church.
6. Specifically, what lies have I/we told about the temple?
7. I can only speak for myself about being happy, but from reading the other testimonies and knowing hundreds upon hundreds of ex-Mormon Christians I can safely say that no one has any regrets and happier now than they ever were in Mormonism.
Know that we’re praying for you and hope to hear back from you soon to discuss what you believe are the lies I’ve told.
With Love in Christ, Michelle Grim
No comments yet.