Deseret News, November 16, 1859, p. 290; “It appears ridiculous to the world, under their darkened and erroneous traditions, that God has once been a finite being; and yet we are not in such close communion with him as many have supposed. He has passed on, and is exalted far beyond what we can now comprehend.” – Brigham Young, Great Salt Lake City, October 8, 1859 Also see Journal of Discourses 7:333.
Deuteronomy 33:27; “The eternal God is thy refuge, and underneath are the everlasting arms: and he shall thrust out the enemy from before thee; and shall say, Destroy them.”
Psalm 100:5; “For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.”
Since God is eternal, how can He also be finite?
You’ll also notice in the inspired words of their beloved prophet, Brigham, what he said about their relationship with God.
He gave everyone a very important piece of information about their organization, and his words speak for themselves. They’re not as close to Him as everyone thinks. How very, very sad for the Mormon people, not to mention telling as well.
With the passing of my grandmother a week ago, and my father four months ago, it breaks my heart to think this is the kind of god they’ve worshiped all these years.
One more thing to pray about and use as a witnessing tool. On the LDS website is a topical guide with a page listing numerous references describing this god. We’re posting just a few here so you can see how confusing this must be for each and every Mormon. The next time you see your Mormon friends/relatives, or a missionary, don’t forget to ask them what they think of this!
- eternal God is thy refuge: 33:27.
- from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God: 90:2.
- established of old: thou art from everlasting: 93:2 .
- thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end: 102:27 .
- God … being from everlasting to everlasting: 7:22.
- I am endless: D&C 19:10.
- God in heaven, who is infinite and eternal: D&C 20:17.
- Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end: D&C 38:1.
- From eternity to eternity he is the same: D&C 76:4.